Hair Dye Stain on Marble Vanity Top
I have a hair dye stain on my marble countertop that has been there for a long time.
A bottle of Loving Care hair dye turned over behind a basket I had on the counter and I didn't notice it until I removed the basket.
Long time?... not good, but you may still be able to get it out with several applications of a poultice.
Different stains require different chemicals to remove them. It's too much info to go into here, but for complete details see the Removing Granite & Marble Stains e-book
But here's the basic idea: Make a Poultice
1. Mix the chemical needed for your particular stain (depends on the substance that did the staining) and some talc powder.
Talc is easy to find and most of the other ingredients you may need are common and cheap.
2. Mix the chemical and talc into a paste like peanut butter.
3. Apply poultice to the stain about 1/2 thick and 1/2 border.
4. Cover poultice with plastic wrap, seal edges with masking tape and let sit 48 hours.
5. Remove plastic, but don't touch poultice. Let it dry another day until hard.
6. Remove with plastic/wood spatula.
7. Repeat process until stain has been drawn out of the stone.
This process may leave a dull spot from the hydrogen peroxide etching the polish. Can't be helped if you want the stain out. Nothing else will remove it. If this happens, use ETCH REMOVER / Marble Polishing product
Be patient and keep at it. You should have some luck, but yes... it may be that you can't get all the stain out if it's too deep into the stone. Not unless you want to re-surface and re-polish the entire marble countertop. Ouch!