Disinfect Marble Counters Prior To Food Prep
I have no idea the name of my marble. It's a dark brown color. I just moved into a house w/ marble counter tops in the kitchen. My felines are in the habit of walking on the counters. I used to bleach my counters before preparing food on them since kitty feet aren't exactly "clean". I also like to bleach after preparing raw chicken or spilling raw eggs on the counter. I'm guessing I shouldn't use bleach on the marble. So how can I safely disinfect my marble counters?
You're right... DO NOT use bleach, vinegar, ammonia or any other common household product for cleaning marble.
These will etch or damage marble.
Now, you could risk using a bleach or hydrogen peroxide solution. It could dull your marble if you don't get the mix right, but you may
get away with it if done rarely.
However, you want to disinfect daily, so the above is not really a "safe" option.
So, you could use soap and hot water (yes, soap is a disinfectant) safely. It won't damage marble, but using soap will cause a dull film... "soap scum" to build up on the marble. This happens even when you rinse, etc. and of course will not make for a clean surface.
You could use soap and also use Soap Scum / Hard Water Remover
to keep the soap from building up. However......I'd suggest
that you use Bathroom MOLD & MILDEW Remover
. Obviously, designed for shower use primarily, but it can be adapted.
It has a small amount of bleach, but it has been engineered and specially formulated by stone pros and tested, tested, tested to be safe on marble and all stone.
I think you'd get your best results, with the easiest procedure using this product.